The Ancora Foundation is a philantrophic organization founded by entrepreneur Gita Irawan Wirjawan with an overriding objective: to light fire in the minds of the young in Indonesia through education.
Producing the best minds and achieving universal education enrollment are imperatives. It will build human capital so that Indonesia can play a greater leadership role in the world, commensurate with its size and history. Through scholarships for Indonesians to attend the best universities at home and abroad, the foundation hopes to develop a creme de la creme who will ultimately become instruments of change for Indonesia. It is part of a two-pronged approach that also seeks to provide basic education to the masyarakat across the distended archipelago which over time will widen and deepen the country’s talent pool.
The foundation has thus far launched the following initiatives:
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship Fund at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship Fund at the University of Cambridge
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship Fund at the University of Oxford
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship Fund at the Nanyang Technological University
- Ancora Foundation Scholarship at Universitas Paramadina
- Ancora Foundation Scholarship at Universitas Multimedia Nusantara
- The Ancora-Khazanah Scholarship Program
- The Ancora Scholarship Program in West Java
- Sekolah Rakyat Ancora